Friday, June 21, 2013

Are You Being Name Changed?

Hi there! Thanks for checking in on my blog today. I wrote a post last week, and it didn't really get read much. I'm not certain, but maybe there's something about that SEO and keyword stuff, people want me to pay for. I just think the title of the post wasn't catchy or didn't conjure up pleasant thoughts for some people, so I changed it. Even though I changed the title of the post, I didn't change the content. The context and purpose are exactly the same.

I hope that when you read my writings that you enjoy them but the truth is I really like to write and I would do it for myself, regardless. I have a great life with lots of good or encouraging things to share, which isn't how it has always been. I am not the same person I used to be; miserable, purposeless and lacking direction. Actually, I used to lack lots of things: integrity, understanding, and well, the list goes on and on. My name, Dwayne Castle, was not a great name to be carrying around because of the damage I had done to it.

But now? I love who I am and who God is shaping me into. He is making me into something He can use for His purpose. From purposeless to God's purposes. What a change, huh? God basically says that He has a new name for those who are willing to have their content changed and conformed to His ways. I recommend you take a look at Revelation 2:17, for starters.

I find it interesting that I can change a name but it doesn't change the content, (a rose by any other name, is still a rose), but with the Holy Spirit, I can allow God to change who I am, on the inside, which will in due course change my name. He has been polishing my current name for a little while now. He has been cleaning it off and restoring it to something good but it will never be as good and glorious as the name He has picked out for me.

I pray for God to please give me the wisdom, strength and courage to walk the path he has called me to. Please change the content of my heart so that I may be found worthy to receive a good name. Perhaps one that reflects boldness and love. Maybe one that screams faithful warrior. How about you? What do you want your name to say about you?

If you like this post, please subscribe, comment and/or share.

The author is husband to an amazing wife, father to two beautifully grown daughters and papaw to two of the cutest and smartest kids ever created. He is currently the associate pastor at Tabernacle of Praise in Crestline, Ohio and is available for speaking engagements. If you would like to discuss him speaking to your church or group, or writing for you, please contact him directly by e-mail at dwaynecastle40@yahoo.com or by phone at 419-961-1265.

No comments:

Post a Comment